For the virtual conference, contribution types listed below will all remain in place. The conference platform and details about the format of presentations (on-demand, pre-recorded, live) will be determined in the next weeks and updates will be posted here as soon as possible.
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Number of speakers: either four speakers with a general discussant or five speakers without a general discussant
- Submission: The symposium organizer submits an overall abstract of up to 250 words as well as all abstracts of the individual presentations within the symposium (length of each abstract: max. 250 words). As we wish to support young scientists, all symposia should include a talk by a doctoral or master's student. Furthermore, the presenters should come from at least two different universities.
- Paper presenters submit an abstract of not more than 250 words.
- The scientific conference committee will then assign accepted papers into thematic groups of 4-5 paper presentations.
- Duration of paper session: 90 minutes
- For individual submissions in the paper and poster category, you can indicate whether you prefer paper only, poster only, or whether you would accept either format.
- Flash-Talks are concise individual contributions.
- Each presenter will have 5 minutes to present and 2 minutes for questions.
- Flash-Talk presenters submit an abstract of not more than 200 words.
- Flash-Talks can report all types of research, but this submission type is especially suitable for presenting single studies on novel topics, new data for discussion, replication studies, and multi-study papers using a well-known methodology.
- The poster session will be a unique opportunity for extended discussion of your research, potentially with all conference participants (there will be no parallel sessions)
- Submission: The presenter submits an abstract of not more than 250 words.
- For individual submissions in the poster and paper category, you can indicate whether you prefer poster only, paper only, or whether you would accept either format.
- Participation: We require one author of a poster to attend the entire respective poster session to present the poster.
- Poster size: A0 portrait format (height 118.9 cm, width 84.1 cm)
Number of Presenting Roles
The maximum number of presenting roles is one paper/symposium presentation per attendee. Being chair or discussant in a symposium without holding an individual presentation does not count as a presenting role. The number of poster submissions is also not limited but authors are required to arrange to have at least one poster author attend the entire respective poster session to present the poster.
- Please register as a user in ConfTool and submit your abstract.
- December 1, 2020: Deadline for submissions
- End of January 2021: Notification of abstract acceptance will be sent out
- March 5, 2021: Early bird registration (= Deadline participant registration for presenters. For the presentation of a talk or poster, registration as participant is required; each person registers individually as participant.)