Contributions to the SAA Conference 2021 are possible in the following five categories.
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Number of speakers: four speakers with a general discussant
- Submission: The symposium organizer submits an overall abstract of up to 250 words as well as all abstracts of the individual presentations within the symposium (length of each abstract: max. 250 words). As we wish to support young scientists, all symposia should include a talk by a doctoral or master's student. Furthermore, the presenters should come from at least two different universities.
- Paper presenters submit an abstract of not more than 250 words.
- The scientific conference committee will then assign accepted papers into thematic groups of 4-5 paper presentations.
- Duration of paper session: 90 minutes
- For individual submissions in the paper and poster category, you can indicate whether you prefer paper only, poster only, or whether you would accept either format.
- Flash-Talks are concise individual contributions.
- Each presenter will have 5 minutes to present and 2 minutes for questions.
- Flash-Talk presenters submit an abstract of not more than 200 words.
- Flash-Talks can report all types of research, but this submission type is especially suitable for presenting single studies on novel topics, new data for discussion, replication studies, and multi-study papers using a well-known methodology.
- The poster session will be a unique opportunity for extended discussion of your research, potentially with all conference participants (there will be no parallel sessions)
- Submission: The presenter submits an abstract of not more than 250 words.
- For individual submissions in the poster and paper category, you can indicate whether you prefer poster only, paper only, or whether you would accept either format.
- Participation: We require one author of a poster to attend the entire respective poster session to present the poster.
- Poster size: A0 portrait format (height 118.9 cm, width 84.1 cm)
- Duration: any duration between 09:00 and 12:00 or between 13:30 and 16:30 (1:30pm – 4:30 pm) on 29th June 2021.
- Submission: The Pre-Conference Workshop organizers submit an overall abstract (not more than 500 words) as well as 3 learning goals (not more than 100 words).
Number of Presenting Roles
The maximum number of presenting roles is one paper/symposium presentation per attendee. Being chair in a symposium without holding an individual presentation or being a pre-conference workshop organizer does not count as a presenting role. The number of poster submissions is also not limited but authors are required to arrange to have at least one poster author attend the entire respective poster session to present the poster.
- Please register as a user in ConfTool and submit your abstract.
- October 16, 2020: Deadline for submissions
- Early January 2021: Notification of abstract acceptance will be sent out
- March 5, 2021: Early bird registration (= Deadline participant registration for presenters. For the presentation of a talk or poster, registration as participant is required; each person registers individually as participant.)